If you fail to plan, you may as well plan to fail
The challenge of raising capital is a complex and daunty task that can take many months of effort. This requires that entrepreneurs should have a robust investor network, capital raising experiences and the capacity to manage and negotiate effectively.
There are several aspects which are of great importance that you need to be knowledgeable about especially when raising capital:
- Proper preparation for the purpose of presentation to potential investors
- Developing a professional set of due diligence and marketing materials
- Understanding and evaluating all options
- Identifying the right investor(s) and the right investment structure
I offer financial expertise and using my wide network of business contacts which will enable you to undertake a successful capital raising process. In addition, I will provide you with a number of services, specifically targeted at the East African market seeking between $ 100,000 and $250 million in capital. These include:
- Capital Formation: Helping businesses to raise the capital they need to operate
- Trade Development: Assist companies to enter new local and international market
- Training and Capacity Building: Offering individual and customized training and capacity building services which meets the exact requirements of the company
- Productivity Improvement: Strategies on how to save & invest money
- Modelling and Simulation: Identifying optimal pathways for business with industrial or operational problems that require serious modeling and simulation strategies
- Intellectual Property Management: Offer help to identify and access appropriate technologies for the evaluation of their intellectual assets.
Using my long years of experience in the field of investment industry, I am able to leverage a far-reaching investor network in Europe and the United States. I work with my clients directly on a face-toface basis
In order for me to be as effective as possible, I bring clients and investors on a green table. These are some of the criteria which I use to bring investors and busineses in Africa together:
- Businesses seeking funding between $200,000 and $280 million in equity, quasi-equity (i.e. straight debt with revenue participation), or debt financing from a non-bank investor(s)
- Work with experienced and committed team members with track-record of success
- Have a competitive advantage in a growth market that offers an opportunity for social/developmental impact
- Are already profitable or have the potential for profitability within 2 years of investment
Many businesses operate under tight budgets, especially during growth stages. I understands this and work with investors that price their services accordingly.